Gerber & Holder founding attorney Tom Holder was singled out last week for an especially well-deserved award: the Georgia State Bar Workers’ Compensation Lifetime Achievement Award.
Holder received this lifetime achievement award for his accomplishments in the field of workers’ compensation, a field he’s been practicing in since 1984. Since then, Holder has distinguished himself amongst his peers as a leader, a driving force for policy change, and a mentor for fellow attorneys. He’s helped clients for nearly 40 years with their workers’ comp cases and has seen and heard just about every type of workplace injury case.
Holder is no stranger to winning awards for his outstanding results in the workers’ comp field. In 2020, Tom received WorkCompCentral’s prestigious Comp Laude® Award in the Applicant/Claimant Attorney category.
“This is truly a career highlight [and] a great conclusion to three weeks of travel,” said Holder following the award ceremony. “To be honored like this by the peers who know me best is very humbling. Thanks to my longtime partner, Jim Long, for his kind words of introduction, my current partner, Ben Gerber, for organizing the effort on my behalf, all who wrote in, the members of the firm who drove down to celebrate, my sister, Toni Holder, and last, but certainly not least, Ellene Welsh.”
In 2019, Tom was selected as a Super Lawyer for the 16th straight year and a member of the Georgia Top 100 for the 6th time. He’s the only Georgia workers’ compensation attorney to be so honored. Holder was also named a Georgia Super Lawyer from 2004 through 2022.
His other accomplishments include:
- The Best Lawyers in America, 28th Edition: Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants
- AV, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2019
- Fellow, Knights of the Bar, 2019
- Fellow, The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, 2019
- Georgia Super Lawyer Top 100, 2012-2013, 2015-2017, 2019
- Georgia Super Lawyer, Blue Ribbon Selection Committee, 2008-2009
- Fellow, Lawyers’ Foundation of Georgia
- com Rating of 10.0 out of 10
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1986
Holder is originally from Valley Stream, New York, but he has lived in Atlanta, Georgia, since 1977.